My main interest is understanding the dynamics of magnetic textures beyond linear approximations. The physics of magnetic configurations in (anti)ferromagnets is extremely complex offering possible applications to novel non-volatile memory and logic devices. The non-linearity of the magnetization dynamics gives rise to topological phenomena such as topological objects in real space, including domain walls and skyrmions. These (meta)stable states are particularly interesting to applications due to their robustness against external perturbations, particle-like behavior and characteristic frequencies in the giga and terahertz range.
My work so far has focused on the physics of topological objects in magnetic systems. I have studied their stability, creation and manipulation by currents and external magnetic fields. I have worked in collaboration with universities in United States, Germany, Sweden, Norway and Japan. We have found a mechanism to periodically shed domain walls in nanowires by applied electrical currents. Moreover, we have derived an effective description of (anti)ferromagnetic domain walls, in one and two-dimensional systems, as well as skyrmions, taking into account deformations, beyond linear approximations and independent of material details. In a recent project, I have also worked on new computational tools to increase data inference from experimental data at low computational costs.
- Rodrigues, Davi R., Everschor-Sitte, K., Gerber, S., and Horenko, I., "A deeper look into natural sciences with physics-based and data-driven measures", iScience 24, 102171 (2021)
- Masell, J., Rodrigues, Davi R., McKeever, B. F. and Everschor-Sitte, K., "Spin-transfer torque driven motion, deformation, and instabilities of magnetic skyrmions at high currents", Phys. Rev. B 101, 214428 (2020)
- Rodrigues, Davi R., Sommer, N. and Everschor-Sitte, K., "Facilitating domain wall injection in magnetic nanowires by electrical means", Phys. Rev. B 101, 224410 (2020)
- Litzius, K. and Leliaert, J. and Bassirian, P. and Rodrigues, Davi R. and Kromin, S. and Lemesh, I. and Zazvorka, J. and Lee, K-J. and Mulkers, J. and Kerber, N. and Heinze, D. and Keil, N. and Reeve, R. M. and Weigand, M. and Van Waeyenberge, B. and Schütz, G. and Everschor-Sitte, K. and Beach, G. S. D. and Kläui, M., "The role of temperature and drive current in skyrmion dynamics", Nature Electronics 3, 30–36(2020)
- Mohseni, M. and Rodrigues, Davi R. and Saghafi, M. and Chung, S. and Ahlberg, M. and Yazdi, H. F. and Wang, Q. and Banuazizi, S. A. H. and Pirro, P. and Åkerman, J. and Mohseni, M., "Chiral excitations of magnetic droplet solitons driven by their own inertia", Phys. Rev. B 101, 020417(R)(2020)
- Kravchuk, V. P., and Gomonay, O., and Sheka, D. D., and Rodrigues, Davi R. and Everschor-Sitte, K. and Sinova J., van den Brink, J. and Gaididei, Y., "Spin eigen-excitations of an antiferromagnetic skyrmion", Phys. Rev. B 99, 184429 (2019)
- McKeever, B. F. and Rodrigues, Davi R. and Pinna, D. and Abanov, Ar. and Sinova, Jairo and Everschor-Sitte, K. "Characterizing breathing dynamics of magnetic (anti-)skyrmions within the Hamiltonian formalism", Phys. Rev. B 99, 054430 (2019)
- Rodrigues, Davi R., and Abanov, Ar., and Sinova Jairo, and Everschor-Sitte, Karin, "Effective description of domain wall strings", Phys. Rev. B 97, 134414 (2018)
- Rodrigues, Davi R. and Everschor-Sitte, Karin and Tretiakov, Oleg A. and Sinova, Jairo and Abanov, Ar., “Spin texture motion in antiferromagnetic and ferromagnetic nanowires”, Phys. Rev. B 95, 174408 (2017)
- Sitte, Matthias and Everschor-Sitte, Karin and Valet, Thierry and Rodrigues, Davi R. and Sinova, Jairo and Abanov, Ar., “Current-driven periodic domain wall creation in ferromagnetic nanowires”, Phys. Rev. B 94, 3026 (2016)
- 2019.07.02 - 6th International Conference from Nanoparticles and Nanomaterials to Nanodevices and Nanosystems - Corfu, Greece - "Creation and Manipulation of Magnetic Topological Textures by Electrical Means"
- 2018.04.03 - DPG - Frühjahrstagung 2019 - "Deformations of magnetic skyrmions"
- 2018.09.06 - JEMS 2018 - "Effective description of magnetic domain walls and skyrmions in ferromagnets and antiferromagnets"
- 2018.03.12 - DPG - Frühjahrstagung 2018 - "Effective description of domain walls as extended structures"
- 2017.11.20 - Spin + X Lectures - University of Kaiserslautern - "Spin waves in extended domain walls"
- 2017.10.24 - Hard Condensed Matter Theory Seminar - Inspire Group Johannes Gutenberg University - "Effective description of magnetic textures"- Presentation - Video