There are opportunities for projects for Bachelor thesis, Master thesis, Ph.D. projects and postdoc research in the TWIST group. If you are interested in doing you Bachelor or Master thesis in our group, please contact us.
- Max Planck Graduate Center (MPGC): Offers an advanced PhD program in an interdisciplinary research environment between two Max Planck Institutes and the Johannes Gutenberg University.
- German Academic Exchange Service (DAAD): Numerous types of scholarships are available for students and researchers
- Alexander-von-Humboldt Foundation: Postdoctoral and experienced researchers can apply for research fellowships hosted at the TWIST group
- Marie Skłodowska-Curie Actions: research fellowship programme for postdocs
- Walter and Sibylle Kalkhof-Rose Foundation: Supervising Professors can apply for support for their Phd Candidates. Scholarship covers living costs (1.300 Euro monthly for the duration of one year). Research grants are also possible, but are only an exception to the rule.
- Freunde der Universität Mainz e.V.: Funding of Students, scientific events and research materials
- Studienstiftung des deutschen Volkes: PhD students can apply for the the scholarship, application for undergraduate students can be found here. Applicants can be german students studying at a german or European University (swiss Universities included) or European students studying at a german University.
More opportunities to pursue research in Germany can be found here.
Possibilities to attend universities abroad of Germany
- Fulbright Doctoral Program for German Junior Scientists: staying one semester in the USA as a PhD student, for further information please click here (Application deadlines: March 15th for the beginning of stay in October of the current year and September 15th for the beginning of stay in April of the following year)